We have an exceptional record for removing long driving bans and securing our clients’ driving licences. We are extremely confident of getting your licence back, to such an extent that if we are not able to get your ban removed after the first application, we will make the next application for you free of charge with no additional legal costs)
If you have been disqualified for a significant period of time (For three years or more) by a Court in England and Wales, an application can be made to the Court that imposed the disqualification for the early return of your driving licence.
Firstly, a written application will need to be made followed by representations being made in person at Court. It is very important when making an application to remove your driving disqualification to have experienced motoring lawyers acting for you as this will undoubtedly increase your chances of getting your licence back early.
An application may only be made if:
- Two years have passed since disqualification of four years or less was ordered; or
- One half of the period of disqualification has passed, if four years to ten years disqualification was ordered; or
- Five years have passed in any other case.
In deciding if a person’s driving licence ought to be returned early, the Court will take into account a number of factors such as:
- Character of the person making the application;
- The applicant’s conduct since the disqualification was imposed;
- Any special circumstances that may have existed at the time the person was disqualified;
- Whether the Court is satisfied that the applicant is now fully rehabilitated;
- Likelihood of committing further offences;
- Hardship on others as a result of the applicant’s ban and how their lives and circumstances will be improved if the application was successful – For example, Children, vulnerable family members, employment prospects etc.
It is often the case that the Crown Prosecution Service will oppose this application and it is because of this, an applicant is advised to have representation so that the strongest case for the return of the licence can be put forward.
If your application is successful, then the Court will remove the ban immediately, or they will reduce the length of the ban. If your application is unsuccessful then a further application can be made after a period of three months.
At Caines Law, we have an exceptional record of getting our clients bans removed. Call us now for a free consultation on 0800 6441544 for a no obligation assessment of your case and an opportunity to discuss your circumstances. Alternatively, complete the Contact us form and we will call you at a time convenient for you.
Click to view our Testimonials section to read what our clients have to say about usContact us